Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Driving Alone

This is a poem I wrote after driving home from the supermarket this afternoon.  I really don't want to give anyone the wrong idea by writing this, particularly not my wife who has tendency enough to worry.  But such is the poet's life, we must say truthfully what we think and feel.  


Driving Alone


Often when I'm driving alone
Out on the East End
Heading into a curve
It's like Jackson Pollack
I feel trying to maintain
A firm grip on the wheel

Life is such a tenuous thing
And we are each of us
In a continual struggle
To keep both eyes and hands
And all four wheels squarely
On the road in front as we go

No comments:

Post a Comment