Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ode to a Vestigial Context

From dust to dust
And from bit to bit
You know one day
Not so long ago
They used to give you
A paper receipt
At the grocery store
But now we are so
Much further adrift and
Manifest only virtually
As every day a little less
Gets affixed to the page

*  *  *  *  *  *

This poem is noteworthy in the means of its composition inasmuch as it represents one of the few times I have completely dispensed with the initial step of writing the words down in one of my little black notebooks (which for the last four or five years I have been in the habit of carrying everywhere around) and instead I wrote it on a handheld device as I was standing in line at the supermarket and posted it directly here to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment