Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why I Write (part 3) - poem composed in the waiting room at CityMD clinic

Of agency in its demotic aspect
Never for a moment less than 
Intimate in tone or intent
Indiscreet as a bumble bee
That is what I'm trying to explain
About Why I Write Not Just How 
On a day of the same name
Poetry may be undertaken 
As a spiritual practice
And a craft too I imagine
Not that I'm well practiced 
On either account
But I try to get by
Each day the best I can

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

This is a prompt I've responded to from time to time.  Click here to read part 1 of this poem and here to read part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment