Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Song for Huang Bo


It's a dream of the absurd
Enlightenment is bewilderment
And it begins right here
Unsullied by thoughts or words
Truth emoted freely
A song of the womb
A song for Huang Bo
Or someone else's poem
Remotely overheard

Oh yeah you see
I never had control
Not-me it seems
Is who I was before
I went to school

Now unlearned I'm free
Like a dog off the leash
That takes the long way home
The streets look familiar
But somehow rearranged
Not good not bad
Just part of this pure land
Part of this ineluctable prior
Reference frame


From New Songs, Smash Hits by Brad Melamed




No comments:

Post a Comment