Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

I Too Am Much Alone in This World - in reply to Rilke

I too am much alone in this world
I thought you would never ask
There’s some that do
And others who can’t seem to stay on task
There are poets beholden to a higher truth
And those who aren’t very good at math
We’re all so alone in the world
Yet together we travel such a crowded path
Consecrated or not we may never know
Now that our time
Has all but passed
*****

Yesterday was Rilke's birthday and I wrote this poem in reply to one of his poems called I Am Much Too Alone in this World.  You can read Rilke's poem here.




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment