Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Personal Poem

Now day or night
When I walk around
In the lurid humidity
Of Midtown South
I carry five reminders
In my right front pocket -
A stout worn Buddha
Two pieces of Amazonite
A heart shaped stone Marissa gave me
And a shard picked up from near
My father's grave in Putnam Valley -
Not so much to bring good luck
(as no one that I know
was clubbed last night)
But everything I need
Is with me right now
Snug in my pocket
Condensed to
The essentials
Five rocks and
Nothing more
To keep me
True on course

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

This is a personal poem.  But it is also a response of sorts to someone else's personal poem, as you can read here (Personal Poem)  which perhaps makes it both less and more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment