Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Friday, December 18, 2020

Poem Written in Twilight on December 18, 2020 as I Stepped Outside the Front Door


I swear on the entire stack of poems

I shall ever write

Tonight while walking my dog

I beheld a most miraculous sight

Some might say the Star of Bethlehem

But no less spectacular I say

The near conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter
A once in 200 year celestial event
Just outside my front door

Soon to converge again

As Galileo first saw

****************

This poem was composed as a Tweet as I walked my dog this evening, swept away by the sense of serendipity to behold such a sight.






No comments:

Post a Comment