Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

A Broken Tape Dispenser


Here's a bit of random entertainment
for those of you living 
on the razor's edge of despair
or outrage over our inherent
right of repair 

Just now I closed the kitchen drawer
and heard the scotch tape dispenser snap into pieces -- 
picking up the larger shard I tried 

To tear off a piece of tape dangling there 
and mused to myself perhaps 
I should try to tape the tape dispenser back together -- 
How meta is that 
My inner daemon replied 

And finally on the third try I managed
but by then the tape dispenser was empty 
proving that obsolescence comes 
for us moderns in many shapes and sizes

No comments:

Post a Comment