Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Monday, June 3, 2019

Tweet for My Old Red Wheelbarrow

Once so much depended
But now sadly upended
In the dumpster you rust
Thanks to the relentless glazing rain
Which has corroded you thus
Sic transit nostrum transitus

















Very sad to say goodbye to my beloved red wheelbarrow at the dump this morning.  My best hopes and plans for the future were all carried forth in your once sturdy frame.   But as any poet writes in the hope of immortalizing his or her beloved, so too my trusty red wheelbarrow has already been the subject of a few of my prior poems, as you can read here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment