Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Monday, November 13, 2017

Ode to Suchness


In every cast mold
A perfect Buddha resides
Just as in every poem
A little bit of suchness
Seeps in and makes the
Images spring to life

Who lets the dogs out
You also might say
The me that can’t be
Fully accounted for
But lights up the sky
Anyway at least
Intermittently
Like fireflies
In the night




*  *  *  *  *

Originally I thought I would call this poem an Ode to the Tathagatagarbha - but truly that is a little bit too much of a mouthful, even for me. So instead I've decided to call it an Ode to Suchnesss, another name for the same thing, that being the primordial Buddha nature that resides within all sentient beings, such as it is, a very sweet concept to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment