Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Monday, August 21, 2017

A Tweet for the Eclipse

I'm not one of those who looks forward to this afternoon's eclipse as an altogether fortuitous event. I'm far too suspicious by temperament, far too pre-scientific. I'm more inclined to an Aztec or Roman way of thinking about an eclipse as an omen of great but uncertain meaning. It marks one of those times when the future hangs very much in the balance, for good or ill --as if we all didn't know that already, I mean really, how far is General Kelly's hand from the switch?

So in honor of today's solar eclipse here's a little tweet from me ...

We've all heard so much
About the eclipse teed up
For later this afternoon
But what about all the ellipses
Soon to follow? One day perhaps
The sun will more fully oblige us
By briefly standing still

No comments:

Post a Comment