Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

To the Joys of Sagging Flesh

Having recently celebrated my 60th birthday, and today being the first regular working day of the 7th decade in my current incarnation, here is this year's edition of a birthday poem:


The same but different
That's sex in your sixties
Younger folk may avert their gaze
But love is never shameful
Or indifferent
Really at my age
There’s no such thing
As a bad erection
Since love and sex
Have become all but
Indistinguishable
And I love the world
I really do
Every day
I stand myself up
And recite out loud
The innumerable blessings
Of this all too sagging flesh


No comments:

Post a Comment