Featured Post

The Journey to the West

Though we journey to the West We pray to the East More or less that's the way Each day begins and ends It’s a tale everyone ...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Moment of Vast Richness

-->
Finding
The key 
To a treasure room
Is never easy
Because 
Invariably
You forget
What it is
You’re looking for

But suddenly
There it was today
Eureka 
And it just happened
To be one of those days
When I remembered
Which key might fit
Into which door

I was in a CVS
Drugstore in fact
By the cash register
Suffering from
A bad head cold
When I found
The very thing
I was looking for -
A package
Of Kleenex
For the long subway ride
I had to take
Out to Brownsville 

But the plastic wrapped
Package cost ten wipes
For a dollar or
Ten cents per tissue
And I felt poor indeed
As if I could barely afford
To blow my nose

And then
I remembered
What I’d intuited before
About fabulous
Wealth – that it would
Only arrive for me
Concomitant 
With the moment
When money itself
Had become 
All but worthless

And I realized
Well here I am
Well on my way
To attaining such
A vast Net Worth

No comments:

Post a Comment